You will need:
For the Pholourie
1 cup split pea flour
1 cup plain flour
2 cloves minced garlic
1 teaspoon curry powder
1 teaspoon baking powder
1 teaspoon salt
1 1/3 cup water
1) In a bowl add all the dry ingredients and stir
3) Add a cup of the water and stir to combine, if the batter seems to dry add more water. It should resemble a pancake batter
4) Let rest for 45 minutes to an hour.
6) Using a spoon or a mellow baller spoon the batter into the pot. Make sure not to over crowd the pot, 4-6 pholourie should be enough.
7) Cook until golden brown
1 Large green mango or 2 small
1 clove of garlic minced
1 teaspoon hot pepper sauce (optional)
1) Using a box grater, grate the mango
2) Add the garlic and pepper sauce, stir to combine
1) Make the mango sauce while the batter rests
2) The amount of curry powder and garlic can be adjusted. I like a fair amount of garlic.
3) A unripened mango is preferred, if you can not find one a rip mango is fine.