Sunday, November 14, 2010

Crustless Pizza

This is the first recipe that I have tried from Kitchen. Nigella made it on her new show I think it was in the first or second episode. It is a cross between a Yorkshire pudding and a quiche. I really liked it, although I didn't follow the recipe exactly as written. Nigella's version uses pepperoni or chorizo, both of which I don't have. I'm a vegetarian and Adam is not, this can sometimes make meal time frustrating. So I made half meat and half not. We have bologna in the house so I cut up a piece of it and put on his half. I then added some parsley and changed slightly changed that cheese. The recipe calls for Cheddar cheese, which I have. But a couple days ago we had bought a dill Havarti, I used some of it as the finally topping of cheese. I really liked this recipe, I know I didn't stick to the original but it was pretty close. I know I'm going to make this again, often. However the next time I make this I am going to add just a pinch of nutmeg.

You will need for 2 people

1 egg
100g plain flour
250ml milk
100g Cheddar cheese ( or cheese of your choice)
50g Chorizo or Pepperoni ( or meat of your choice)
Butter to grease with
Salt to taste

1) Preheat the oven to 200c. Butter a pie dish.
2) Combine the flour and salt in a bowl. Beat the milk and egg together, add to flour mixture and mic until smooth.
3) Add half of the cheese, pour into pie dish. Sprinkle parsley and place meat on top.
4) Bake in the oven for 30 minutes. Take out of the oven and sprinkle half of the cheese. Put back in the oven for 2 or 3 minutes, just until the cheese melts.

Tips
1) I don't see why you can't add left over meat to this or even some veggies.

No comments:

Post a Comment