It's been a while since I've updated my blog. With the encouragement of my friend Natalie I've finally returned.
This isn't a original recipe, I've adapted if from a video I saw on YouTube. It's basically a cross between a rice pudding and that sticky mango rice that you get at Thai restaurants. This recipe calls for coconut milk, if you don't have any or don't like coconut milk feel free to use regular milk.
You will need for 4 serving
2 tablespoons butter
1/2 cup Italian style rice
1 14oz can of coconut milk
2 cups milk (I used 2% but what ever milk you have is fine)
1/4 cup sugar or more depending on how sweet you like it
1 tablespoon pure vanilla extract
1 mango diced.
1) In a sauce pan heat the coconut milk and regular milk.
2) In a separate sauce pan, melt the butter. Add the rice and saute for about a minute, make sure you don't brown the rice.
3) Add 1/4 of the milk to the rice and stir until evaporated.
4) Repeat the above step 3 more times.
5) Once the fourth addition of milk is evaporated, add the remaining milk and let simmer until the rice is cooked to your taste.
6) Remove the rice from the heat and add the sugar. Stir to combine.
7) Add the beaten egg, stir quickly to combine.
8) Add the vanilla
9) Place the rice pudding into serving bowls and cover with plastic wrap. Place in the fridge until completely cool. The rice pudding will thicken once it is cold.
10) To serve, add a fourth of the diced mango to the top of the rice pudding.