Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Herb roasted pork tenderloin with a truffle mustard cream sauce

                                              
For some reason Mother Nature is very angry today. It has been snowing and windy for most of the day, and what is the best thing to do when the weather outside is frightful?.....cook! A couple of weeks ago I was at Denninger's (the most amazing European food store) when I saw a bottle of something called Truffle Mustard. I had never seen this before so natually I had to have it. I didn't end up getting it, mostly because it was $9.00 a bottle. I kept thinking about it and how much I wanted to try it. I looked it up online to see what other people thought about it and overall it was pretty positive. This past Saturday I finally caved in and bought a bottle. When I was trying to decide what to make I decided that I wanted to do something with either lamb or pork. I had a pork loin in the freezer so making a pork dish was a lot easier then going out and buying some lamb, but I think this would go nicely with a rack of lamb. Originally I wanted to smear the mustard over the tenderloin and cover it in a herb crust, but when it came down to cooking it I forgot to smear the mustard on it. So I added it to the gravy. I made a mushroom risotto and a kale and mango salad to go with it. I'll blog about both of these later. Now I tend to only cook for Adam and myself and measurments reflect that. But this is a simple recipe, so just adjust the amount of parsely, garlic and green onions to suite the amount of meat you are cooking.

You will need
1 1/2- 2 pound pork tenderloin
1 cup parsley
2 cloves of garlic
2 green onions
1 tablespoon butter
salt and pepper to taste

For the Sauce
2 tablespoons brandy
1/2 cup stock
1 tablespoon truffle mustard
2 tablespoon cream

1) Pre-heat the oven to 400 degrees. On the stove top melt the butter in a oven proof saute pan (I used my handy-dandy cast iron pan).
2) Pat dry the tenderloin, make sure it still has some dampness if it is to dry the parsley will not stick.
3) In a food processor or blender combine the other ingredients and blend until minced.
4) Rub the parsley mixture all over the tenderloin and place in the pre heated saute pan. Place in the oven for 25-30 minutes. Lower the heat to 350 after the first 10 minutes, then lower again to 300 for the final 10 minutes.
5) Take the tenderloin out of the oven, place the saute pan on the stove top and turn the heat on to medium. Remove the tenderloin from the pan and place on a plate to rest, cover with foil.
6) Add the mustard to the saute pan, whisk to combine with the cooking juices. Add the brand and the stock, whisk to combine. Let cook until the liquid has evaporated to about 1/4 cup. Add the cream and whisk to combine.
7) Done!

Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment