Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Kale and Mango Salad

I'm starting to feel like my blog is turning into an ode to other people's amazing recipe. But there are so many yummy recipes I want to share with all of you. Like this kale and mango salad courtesy of Aarti Sequeria. Her cooking show currently doesn't air here in Canada but it is on the American Foodnetwork. She also has a blog and videos on youtube, which is how I originally found this recipe. I tend to play around with the measurements for the sauce, it really depends on your taste and how sweet your mango's are or how bitter the kale is. I'm posting the originally recipe, so feel free to play around a bit. For example I use one mango per person, I then squeeze the pit over the salad so that any left over mango juices go into my tummy, I also add corriander it is sweet and smokey very tasty- add about 2 teaspoons.

You will need
1 bunch kale, de-stemmed and cut into bit size pieces
The juice of one lemon
1/4 olive oil
2 teaspoon honey
1 mango
a hand full of pepitas (pumpkin seeds)
salt and pepper to taste

1) Place the kale in a bowl and pour in the oil. Using your hand massage the oil into the kale for 3-4 minutes.
2) Add everything else beside the pepitas and mix together.
3) Add the pepitas and season accordingly.

No comments:

Post a Comment