Monday, April 4, 2011

French Onion Soup



I've been informed that my last post was "very personal" I don't think this was intentional. I've had a weird weekend. I've been feeling. I feel confused, about a few things.  I tried to keep my mind off it by cooking, it didn't really work. I tried to make cabbage rolls with beans instead of beef. I haven't tried it yet but I have a feeling that it won't taste good. It just looks off. The one thing that did come out was my french onion soup. It was warm and oniony and cheesy.

You will need

1 1/2 pound onions sliced
3 tablespoon flour
1 tablespoon butter
1 tablespoon oil
1/4 white wine
2 quarts beef stock  (or vegetable stock if you want)

1) Heat the oil and butter in a pot, add the onions and let sweat until golden brown, about 35-40 minutes

2) Add the flour to the onions and stir. Cook for 2-3 minutes.
3) Add the wine and the stock, stir. Bring to a simmer and cook for 30-40 minutes.

4) Pre heat the oven 350 degrees. Slice the baguette, place on a cookie sheet and brown. Ladle the soup into oven proof bowls. Place the baguette on top and add the cheese. Place in the oven and turn on the broiler. Broil until the cheese is bubbling.

Enjoy!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment