You will need:
21/2 tablespoon butter
3 tablespoon butter
3/4 cup warm cream
6 or 7 egg whites
3/4 grated Swiss cheese
3/4 cup Swiss cheese diced
Salt and pepper to taste
1) Preheat the oven to 400 degrees. Butter your dish and sprinkle with cheese.
2) Melt the butter, once melted add the flour and cook for 2 minutes do not brown the flour.
3) Take off the heat and add the cream and salt and pepper. Add back to the heat and stir for 1 minute. Remove from heat and set a side.
4) Whisk the egg whites with a pinch of salt until stiff peaks form.
5) Add 1/4 of the egg whites to the flour and cream mixture. Be careful not to deflate the white to much.
6) Add 2/4 cup of the grated cheese and all the diced cheese. Then fold in the rest of the egg whites.
7) Place the mixture in your dish and place in the oven. Do not open the door for at least 20 minutes. Cook for 25-30 minutes.
8) Serve immediately
If you open the door before the souffle is set it will not rise and sink in the center. It will however shrink once it is removed from the oven.