You will need
4 tablespoons butter melted
4 eggs, the yokes and whites separated
2/3 cup sugar plus 2 tablespoons
3/4 cup flour
2 tsp vanilla extract ( or as much as you want to add)
1/4 cup Limoncello
1 cup whipping cream ( 35% milk fat or more)
1/2lb strawberries washed and slices
pinch of salt
1) Preheat the oven to 350. Place the egg yokes in a bowl and gently whip them. After a minute add the 2/3 cup sugar and the vanilla Whip until silky and light yellow.
2) Whip the egg whites with a pinch or salt and 2 tablespoons sugar.
3) Add 1/4 of the egg whites to the egg yolks and fold in. Be careful not to deflate the egg whites to much
4) Add 1/2 of the remaining egg whites and 1/2 of the flour and fold to incorporate.
5) Fold in 1/2 of the melted butter
6) Add the remaining egg whites, flour and butter.
7) Place in a greased and floured cake pan and bake for 20-25 minutes or until golden brown and a tooth pick comes out clean.
7) Let cool.
8) Add the whipping cream, sugar and Limoncello to a bowl and whip until thick. Do not over mix, you will end of with a sweet Limoncello butter.
9) Cut the cake in half width ways and place a layer of strawberries on the top of the bottom piece. Place 1/2 of the whip cream on top of the strawberries and spread to make a even layer.
10) Place the second half of the cake on top of the first half. Using the remaining whip cream spread it on top in an even layer.
11) Place the reaming strawberries on top