Friday, February 18, 2011

Penne with truffle oil


I love Nigella Lawson's new cookbook "Kitchen". I don't know if it is because I went to her book signing and had her sign my copy but I love it. There are a few pasta recipes I want to make. All of which seem easy and super tasty. Last night for dinner I made what was supose to be her " Lone linguine with white truffle oil: but ended up more like " Penne for two with mushroom and truffle oil". Now I must be clear when I say that this only happened because I had no linguine, I only had mushroom and truffle oil and I was cooking for two. I tasted amazing! and is so easy to make. Basically when the pasta is cooked it is ready. Also the original recipe calls for white pepper, I didn't have any so I used black pepper.

You will need
Enough pasta to feed 2 people- about 200g
1 egg
3 tablespoons heavy cream
3 tablespoons parmesan cheese grated
a splash of truffle oil
1 tablespoon butter
salt and pepper to taste

1) Boil the pasta until al dente. Remove 1/4 cup of the cooking liquid and drain the pasta.
2) While the pasta is cooking  whisk to combine the egg, cream, cheese, truffle oil and pepper.
3) Place the drained pasta back in the pot and add the butter and 1 tablespoon of the cooking liquid ,stir to allow the butter to melt through out the pasta.
4) Add the egg and cream mixture, stir to coat the pasta. Salt to taste.

Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment