Sunday, June 13, 2010

Fondue



Today Adam and I made Fondue. My sister bought me a fondue pot about a year again and I've been wanting to make fondue ever since. It was really easy to make, my only problem was when Adam and I turned the flame on the fondue pot. I think we had the flame to high, some of the cheese burned to the bottom of the pot. But once we noticed the the height of the flame can be controlled it was fine. I wasn't really sure what to dip in the fondue, well besides bread. So I just used what I had in the fridge. I ended up using french bread, mushrooms, red pepper, asparagus and carrots.

You will need
1 pound cheese (I used a mixture of Gruyere, Swiss and Fontina)diced or grated.
1 garlic clove- minced
1 cup white wine plus an addition 2 tbs
1 tbs spoon corn starch
A variety of bread and vegetables cut into bit size pieces

1)In a pot add the wine and cheese. Let the wine come to a simmer, whisk the fondue. The cheese may or may not be fully melted by this point. I had some chunks still,just stir until they melt.

2) When all the cheese is melted add the minced garlic and stir
3) mix the 2 tbs of wine and cornstarch together. Add to fondue and stir
4) Let thicken for about 5 minutes
5) Transfer to fondue pot

Enjoy!!

1 comment:

  1. That is one great looking fondue! I think this will be perfect for my twins. They love cheese fondue so much that I think they wouldn't mind eating veggies as long as you have melted cheese there, lol! They do love asparagus, but that's the best they can do when it comes to veggies. I'm quite positive though that they would be willing to give veggies one more try as long as you do it the cheese fondue way, lol!

    ReplyDelete