Thursday, June 17, 2010

Olive Tapenade


I was looking through my cabinet yesterday and found a jar of black olives. Now I don't really like black olives and I can't remember when I bought it. So I decided to make tapenade. I tried to make it in my mini food processor but when I tried to puree everything my processor wouldn't start. I have no idea what happened to it, but that ok. I bought it from Wal-Mart for $8.00, so really shame on me. I ended up using my room mate blender.

You will need
1 can black olives
1/2 cup green olives
2 garlic cloves sliced
2-3 anchovies
2 tbs olive oil
1 tbs parsley minced
the juice of 1/2 a large lemon or 1 medium lemon

1) In a blender add olives and garlic, puree
2) Once puree, add anchovies and 1 tbs olive oil blend for 30 seconds or so
3) Add additional 1 tbs olive oil, lemon juice and parsley. Blend until combined

To Serve
1) Put in a glass jar and serve with bread or crackers
2) Slice a baguette on a diagonal, drizzle oil over the bread and toast in a 350 degree oven until golden brown. Spoon tapenade on each piece and serve.
3) If you want to keep the tapenade for several days, place in a jar and cover with a film of oil. It should stay for about 2 weeks in the fridge.

Enjoy!!

Tip
1) If you buy olives with pits and easy way to remove the pit is: using a knife press down on the olive, the olive with separate from the pit.

No comments:

Post a Comment