Friday, June 24, 2011

Rice Paper Rolls

I tried to come up with a fancy name for these but I couldn't think of anything. Some times you will see then listed in restaurants as Spring Rolls or Fresh Rolls. I've been making them for years, with a variety of fillings. It doesn't really matter what you put in them, I like tend to use some or all of the following : avocado, shrimp, green onion, parsley, basil, chicken, lettuce, rice noodles, snow peas and cucumber. How ever you fill it it will taste good. I dip mine in hosin sauce, sometimes I'll add chopped peanuts to the hosin or I'll take it plan. Really it all depends on your taste. In total I would think that this recipe would take about 20 minutes or so. Once again it depends on what you are putting in it and how much prep you will be doing.

You will need for 4 rolls

50g rice noodles
1 green onion diced
1 avocado sliced
1/2 cup cold chicken shredded
4 rice paper sheets

1) Place the rice noodles in a bowl or warm water. Let soften, drain and set aside
2) Fill a dish with about 1 inch of warm water. Place one rice paper sheet in the water, allow to soften and become transparent.
3) Remove the sheet from the water and place on a dry towel.
4) Place 1/4 of the noodles, avocado, green onions and chicken in the center of the sheet.

5) Roll the rice paper sheets like you are rolling a burrito. Fold one end over the top of the filling making sure to keep everything tight.Then fold the two side over and roll the sheet over onto itself.
6) Repeat until all the sheets are used
Enjoy

No comments:

Post a Comment