Thursday, June 16, 2011

Niagara Food and Wine Expo

I've been meaning to update for ages. I've been really busy. I'm doing a show in Niagara Falls, it ends this Saturday. A couple week ago Adam and I went to the Niagara Food and Wine Expo. It was amazing! You buy strips of tickets, 10 tickets for 10 dollars. Then you go around to booths and buy wine and food samples with your tickets. Everything was very yummy. I think I'm going to try and make these sliders we had and these really good perogies.  Here are some pictures from the expo.

Adam with his slider

Oysters

Adam eating a raw oyster

Smoke salmon topped with creme fraiche and micro greens. The pearls are "fruit caviar" they where super yummy. The chef said that you take fruit juice and drop it into sodium nitrate. The sodium nitrate pickles the outside, and leaves the inside liquid.

Potato and truffle perogies topped with creme fraiche and caramelized onions.

No comments:

Post a Comment