Friday, July 15, 2011
You will need for 4 generous servings
3/4 cup sugar
1/3 cup flour or corn starch
1/3 cup cocoa powder- sifted
pinch of salt
2/12 cups milk
1/2 cup whipping cream
4 egg yolks
1/3 cup chocolate chips or finely chopped chocolate
1 tablespoon butter
1) In a large bowl mix the sugar, cocoa powder, flour and salt. Add 1/2 cup of milk and mix until combine
2) Meanwhile heat the milk and whipping cream until boiling.
3) Add one egg yolk at a time to the cocoa and milk mixture.
4) Slowly add the heated milk to the cocoa and milk mixture, stirring the whole time ( I used a whisk to combine everything).
5) Once all the hot milk in incorporated into the cocoa, pour into a pot and let cook until thick. Stirring constantly.
6) Once thick remove from the heat, add the vanilla, chocolate and butter, stir until chocolate is melted and everything is combine.
7) Pour into a bowl or into individual serving dishes. Cover and chill in the fridge.
1) Place a dollop of whip cream on top and some grated chocolate....or perhaps a cherry.