Last night I was watching cooking videos on YouTube when I same across a British show called "Two Fat Ladies". It is basically a show from the mid/late 90's where two ladies would travel across Britain cooking different foods. Foods which more often then not contains loads of oil and butter. Most of their food was old British food, odd pairings made in molds. I do have to admit that I would try some of there stuff. Which is how this frittata came about. To be honest I'm not even the one that made it...it was all Adam. I basically turned to him this morning and said that I wanted him to make me that for breakfast and that we had everything expect Parmesan cheese. He did really well, it turned out amazing. I kind of wish he would cook more often.
You will need
2 onions sliced
2 tomato's diced
2 tablespoons butter
1/2 cup shredded Cheddar cheese
5 or 6 basil leaves torn
Salt and pepper to taste
1) Pre-heat the oven to 350 degrees.Heat 1 tablespoon of butter in a pan, add the onions and tomato's. Cook until soft. Remove from the pan and place in a bowl. Wipe out the pan and return to the heat. Add the rest of the butter
2) Lightly beat the eggs, add the onions, tomato's, cheese, salt and pepper
3) Spread the torn basil on top the eggs.
4) Pour the egg mixture into the pan and cook for 3-4 minutes or until the edges are set but the top is still slightly runny.
5) Place the pan in the oven and cook until the eggs have set.