Sunday, July 24, 2011

A regular Sunday Picnic


Today Adam and I went down to the park by our apartment. We live right by Lake Ontario so the park is on the edge of it, it also has this amazing splash park. I decided last week that I wanted to go on a picnic...I also decided that Adam had to make something for it. Which he did and I was very happy. He made potato salad, I made pork chops, pigs in a blanket, custard tarts and a tomato and cucumber salad. When we where making everything we both where pretty excited, I was very excited about the pigs in a blanket because I tried a Nigella recipe. Overall we thought the best things where the pork chops and the potato salad. I was a little disappointed in the pig in a blanket, they are served with a mustard dipping sauce. Maybe it was the type of mustard I used but I found them meh. The tomato and cucumber salad I thought was ok, I added sumac to it which I sort of liked but I think I preferred it the way I normally make it. Either way I'll be posting the recipes for everything here.....I may even get Adam to do the post about the potato salad. We shall see.

I do have to add that the splash park was amazing. Truth be told I think it was for kids but Adam and I ran around it and had an amazing time, even though the water was a bit cold. We wanted to take pictures of us getting wet but never got around to it. So we took one when we where getting ready to leave.

ENJOY!



No comments:

Post a Comment